- From: Certo Pick of the Season
- Kelli Greene
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Tequila
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange flavoured liqueur
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) butter
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 pouch Certo liquid fruit pectin
- Measure fruit juice, water, Tequila, liqueur, and butter into a large saucepan.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Place saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Immediately stir in liquid fruit pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam with metal spoon and pour quickly into warm sterilized jars filling up to 1/4 inch from rim.
- Seal while hot with sterilized 2 piece lids with new centers.
- Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes