- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:1 13x9 inch cake
- 1 Pkg. cake mix (white, yellow, chocolate, or fruit flavor)
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). Pkg. Jello of desired flavor
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Bake in well greased and floured 13 inch x 9 inch pan at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan; then poke with fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add cold water and spoon over cake in pan.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours.
- Top with Cool Whip or serve with ice cream.
- I called my Mother for this recipe and she knew exactly
where to find it. A little cookbook prepared by the
women of the Croatan Presbyterian Church called the Art of
Cooking in Croatan. For Christmas, try white cake mix and red jello (ed.)