- A chewy sugar cookie
- Carroll Anne Grammon
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Cream butter and sugar together with a fork.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour 1/2 cup (125 ml) at a time and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Allow room for cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly brown.
- Don't overcook or they get very crunchy.
- Another variation of this recipe is to add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the
dough. Then roll dough balls in a cinnamon-sugar mixture.