- Pam Smutny
- 7/8 cup (200 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 whole beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 stick margarine
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk. Beat until blended.
- Add 2 whole beaten eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) water and beat until big bubbles show. (This can set for several hours before baking. Beat again!!!!)
- Put into 10 inch x 6 inch glass dish. (The size of dish can be a little bigger or even square--just be sure it is glass.)
- 1/2 Put stick of margarine in bottom of dish.
- While warming the oven, place dish in the oven to let margarine melt and get hot.
- When it starts to crackle and spit, remove dish from oven carefully and pour the flour/milk mixture on top of margarine.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake another 10 to 15 minutes.
- I got this recipe from a friend over 20 years ago and it is a family
favorite with roast beef.