- Rolls that can be made for dinner or breakfast
- Peggy Hogancamp
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) butter flavor Crisco
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 Cup (175 ml) Warm Milk
- 2 envelopes (1/4 oz (7 grm).) yeast
- 4 Cups (950 ml) flour
- Proof the yeast by placing it in the warm milk, let it bubble for 5 minutes.
- Mix the sugar, shortening, salt and eggs until creamy.
- Add the yeast and milk.
- Stir in the 4 cups (950 ml) of flour a bit at a time.
- Knead for 5 minutes or until elastic.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Break off bits of the dough about 1 inch round and place 3 balls each in greased muffin tins.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins and serve warm or cool on racks.
- This recipe has been in our family for generations and is used at all
family gatherings and enjoyed by all ages.