- A good way to get the vitamins we all need
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 1 large bunch of broccoli
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) seedless red grapes or 1 cup (225 ml) golden raisins
- 12 slices crisp & crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar or 5 pk sugar substitute
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- Cut up broccoli into flowerets and only a little of the stem.
- Cut grapes into halves.
- Add all other vegetables and bacon and mix.
- Add walnuts.
- Mix mayo, sugar and vinegar and add to broccoli mix.
- Let set at least 4 hours in refrigerator.
- This is the only broccoli my grand children will eat.
Full of beta carotene and Vitamin C, not to mention folic
acid and calcium. One of the best antioxidents you can find.