- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sausage
- 1 cup (225 ml) quick cooking oats
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). nutmeg
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 soup cans milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). nutmeg
- drippings from pan minus grease
- cooked rice, potatoes or noodles
- Mix meats, quick cooking oats, dry soup mix, egg, and 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). nutmeg together thoroughly.
- Form into balls and brown in nonstick skillet on all sides.
- Mix canned soup, milk, drippings, and 1 tsp (5 ml). nutmeg in skillet.
- Put meatballs into sauce and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- Serve over cooked rice, potatoes, or noodles.