Chicken with Pasta and Broccoli
- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). penne or ziti, cooked according to pkg. directions
- 8 oz (224 grm). skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). fresh ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups (700 ml) broccoli flowerettes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thing strips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can (12 oz (336 grm).) fat-free evaporated skim milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- While pasta is cooking, toss chicken with salt, pepper, & garlic.
- Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over med/high heat till hot.
- Add chicken mixture & stir-fry 4-5 min. or till chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken & place in medium bowl.
- Add broccoli, red pepper & chicken broth to skillet.
- Cover, simmer over medium heat 5-6 min. or till vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Transfer to bowl with chicken.
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk with cornstarch, mixing till smooth.
- Add to skillet with remaining milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; stir in mustard.
- Stir in reserved chicken mixture.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss with chicken mixture.
- Serve with a Caesar Salad and garlic-cheese bread. YUM!