- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Madeira wine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter or margarine
- In large skillet, saute sliced mushrooms in 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter.
- Remove mushrooms to bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter, melt.
- Saute chicken brests in melted butter till brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add Madeira and white wine to skillet and reduce by 1/2.
- Add chicken breasts and sauteed mushrooms back in skillet.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes or till chicken is just cooked.
- Remove chicken breasts to heated platter or plates.
- Reduce sauce briefly and spoon with mushrooms over chicken.
- Serve with rice pilaf, salad, and crusty french bread.