- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cheese or meat filled tortellini
- 2 red peppers
- 1 jar whole pimentos
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cured Italian black olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dried dillweed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) crushed oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, 5 to 10 minutes, for fresh, 10 to 15 minutes for frozen. Taste before draining. Drain and rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Toss gently with 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil and cool.
- Slice the peppers into thin strips.
- Rinse the oives and drain.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients thoroughly.
- In a large bowl carefully mix the pasta, peppers, pimentos, onions, olives, walnuts, and dressing.
- Before serving taste and salt and pepper to desired taste.
- When I made mine I doubled the tortellini but kept the other
ingredients exactly like recipe calls for. I liked it better
and it goes alot farther. There is plenty of dressing.