- Patty Johnson
- 2 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). jar Cheese Whiz
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) onion, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 2 10 oz (280 grm). packages frozen broccoli (thawed)
- Mix soup, cheese and butter (or margarine) in saucepan.
- Cook over very low heat to melt cheese.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add other ingredients.
- Pour into greased 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) until bubbly, then reduce heat to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Continue cooking until most of moisture is gone, about 45 minutes to one hour.
- This recipe comes from the OUT OF OUR LEAGUE Junior League
Cookbook of Greensboro, NC. I have found many wonderful
recipes in this cookbook over the past almost 20 years.