- Patty Johnson
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla
- 1/3 cup (80 ml). rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins (optional)
- nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat eggs, add sugar and beat well.
- Add milk, cornstarch and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in cooked rice, raisins, and nutmeg.
- Pour in 8 inch square baking dish and set in a pan containing 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- I hope you find this to be the recipe you are looking for.
Coming from the South, my family always looked forward to
this rice pudding. We knew if we had rice one day the
leftover would become this wonderful dessert the next day.