- A ground beef casserole
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN.
Serves/Makes:6 hearty helpings
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- velveeta cheese
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- In electric skillet, brown the hamburger, onion and celery.
- After browning the above, drain, and return this to the skillet.
- Add on top of meat mixture a layer of sliced velveeta cheese, covering the entire meat mixture.
- On top of cheese, add the uncooked noodles.
- On top of the noodles, pour undrained tomatoes.
- Add enough water to cover entire casserole.
- Cover and let boil on medium then reduce to low and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- When finished salt and pepper to taste.
- Even when my kids were small they really liked this.