- A slow-cooker rice pudding recipe from southern France.
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw converted rice
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) golden seedless raisins
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon rind, slivered
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream or half-and-half, chilled
- Place all the ingredients except the cream in the slow cooker and stir once.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve lukewarm with chilled cream or half-and-half.
- I succeeded in finding this recipe for myself in recipe files of Carole
Walberg. Enjoy! From Clear & Simple Crockery Cooking by J. Heriteau