- Carol Welte
- 8 medium bell peppers
- 1 lb (.5 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped onion
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Minute Rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- Par-boil for 5 minutes; drain.
- Brown meat and onion.
- Add tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir to melt.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Place in baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- These are a delicious and leftovers freeze well. Just reheat in the
microwave. A great way to use up your summer crop!