- Carol Welte
- 1 cup (225 ml) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 lb (.5 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) catsup
- Mix stuffing, celery and onion.
- Add water to moisten.
- Combine evaporated milk and ground beef.
- Divide into 5 patties.
- Pat each to 6 inch circle.
- Put 1/4 cup (60 ml) stuffing in center of each.
- Draw meat over stuffing; seal.
- Place in 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole.
- Combine soup, Worcestershire sauce and catsup.
- Heat and pour over meat.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- I serve this with mashed potatoes and spoon the sauce from the casserole
over the potatoes, too. This makes for a very tasty dish.