- Christy Smittle
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Shortening
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). Cream Of Tartar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- Heat oven to 400 Degrees (200 C.).
- Cream softenend butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix thouroughly.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Shape by tspfuls into balls.
- Roll is a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet, 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from pan and cool.
- These are great chewy soft cookies and are nicknamed, Smittledoodles.
(Highly recommended--On-Line Cookbook editor)