- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). butter or margarine, softened to room temperature
- 3 heads fresh garlic, roasted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). chives, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). pepper
- Cut garlic heads in half & rub cut bulbs with olive oil.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow bulbs to cool for easier handling.
- Peel garlic cloves & chop or put through a garlic press.
- Cream all ingredients together in mixing bowl till mixed well. (I use an electric hand mixer.)
- Return mixture to margarine tubs.
- Use to make garlic bread.
- This freezes well. I freeze half for later use. This is also great on
vegetables or any other savory dish. This goes really fast in our household.