Serves/Makes:3 dozen cookies
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat egg whites with the salt until foamy.
- Slowly add sugar, one tbspful at a time, beating after each addition until the meringue stands in stiff peaks.
- Stir in vanilla and fold in chocolate ships.
- Drop by tspfuls onto a lined (with parchment) baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- After 2 minutes turn of the oven.
- Leave meringues in oven overnight.
- Remove from pan and store in cookie tin lined with paper towel.