Napolitana (Italian sauce)
- Italian Politana, made from yellow corn mill.
- Tony, (The Wasper)
Serves/Makes:Medium size pot full
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground chuck hamburger
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 cans (15 oz (420 grm).) tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cooking oil
- 1 can (6 oz (168 grm).) tomato paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). garlic salt
- pinch oregano
- pinch sage
- 2 bay leaves
- Brown hamburger, and onion then drain.
- Break up hamburger while browning into small pices
- Using a medium size pot, add all the ingredients, and stir well to blend.
- Bring to a boil, and lower heat to a simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove bay leaves, and spoon over the Napolitana.
- Old Italian recipe from my Mother.
This can also be used as home made spaghetti sauce, but use 2 lbs. ground
chuch, and don't chop it up as much.