Hot Cooked Salad Dressing with Bacon
- a sweet tangy dressing served warm
- 6 oz (168 grm). bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). red-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). honey
- 2 tsp (10 ml). dijon mustard
- Fry bacon over medium high heat.
- Remove bacon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup (60 ml) of bacon fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in pan and cook over low heat for 1 or 2 minutes, scraping bottom of pan.
- Add reserved fat and continue heating until hot.
- Serve over tossed greens immediately.
- Great served over any greens, including dandelion, spinach, and iceburg.
Also a good choice for green salads that include meat.