- Restaurant recipe
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). garlic, minced
- 1 lb (.5 kg) beef tenderloin or flank steak cut into 2 inch strips
- wooden skewers (soak in water before using)
- In shallow pan combine all ingredients except beef.
- Place beef strips in pan and marinate 1 to 2 hours, turning at least once.
- To serve:
- Thread beef on skewers.
- Grill or broil, 3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Serve immediately.
- From La Choy recipe book provided to restaurants.