- Delicious pie filled with spinach, egg & cheese
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:one 9" quiche
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz (280 grm).) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- pinch pepper, or to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on bottom of pie shell.
- Squeeze as much water out of spinach as possible.
- Sprinkle spinach in pie shell.
- Sprinkle swiss cheese over spinach.
- Combine remaining ingredients and beat with fork until blended.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until light golden brown and center is set, about 30 min.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Can also be made with frozen chopped broccoli.