- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina long grain rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 3 dashes of nutmeg
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on to
- Put milk, sugar, and rice into a pot let it come to a boil, watching so that it doesn't overflow, as it begins to boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer, stirring often.(Simmer at least 1 hour)
- Meantime in a bowl beat eggs with vanilla.
- When rice is cooked to a thick consistency, fold egg mixture into rice mixture. (Turn off heat)
- Stir and then pour into serving bowl or casserole dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cool in refrigerator and then serve.
- note:(ingredients say nutmeg and preparation says cinnimon; I'd use nutmeg-editor)