- Nachos-you will never forget
- Lesley Cox
Serves/Makes:4 servings or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chili powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 large onion
- half can of tomato sauce
- 3 cans tomato paste
- 6 cans water (tomato paste size)
- oregano,cumin,and salt to taste
- Quantity to suit appetites:
- (chopped tomatos, lettuce, green peppers; grated cheddar cheese; sour cream)
- Doritos corn chips
- Simmer sauce for 3 hours.
- Serve each plate in this order:
- Doritos on bottom, meat/sauce,lettuce,tomatos,green peppers,cheddar cheese,and sour cream for topping.
- If you are using crock pot method-brown meat first then drain fat-
and then simmer all day if you like. If you have picky eaters in your
house-this recipe should do the trick. I served it a few years ago for the
gourmet club and I still hear about how great it was.