- Kiwi Fruit Recipe
- A Love
- 1 tsp (5 ml). butter
- 10 oz (280 grm). scallops
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). minced green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp (10 ml). flour dissolved in 2 tsp (10 ml) water
- 1 kiwi, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ginger
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). lime juice
- dash pepper
- In skillet combine butter and oil and heat over medium high heat until butter is bubbly and hot.
- Add scallops and saute, until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove scallops; set aside and keep warm.
- In skillet combine ginger and onion and saute until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add broth, wine, lime juice, lemon peel and pepper and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer until sauce is smooth and thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Return scallops to skillet; add kiwi and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes longer.