Portabello Mushroom Side Dish
- One dish meal for two
- Janet Birch
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 pkg frozen chopoped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 Portabello mushroom caps, stems removed, sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). Balalmic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) paprika
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Cover bottom of 9 inch square casserole (or baking pan) with chopped spinach.
- Arrange slices of Portabello mushrooms over spinach.
- Sprinkle with Balsalmic vinegar.
- Mix salt, pepper and paprika with flour on a plate.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Place chicken breasts on top of mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Use long spatula to serve spinach/mushrooms/chicken on each of two plates.
- This is an easy yet elegant one dish dinner for two.