- Carol Welte
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Pkgs. Lawry Taco Seasoning
- 1 Pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can black beans, undrained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can corn, undrained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can hominy, undrained
- 1 lg. can diced green or ortega chilies
- 1 can Rotelle Tomatoes
- Grated Jack, Pepper Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Brown meat, onion, & garlic in Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Begin adding ingredients one at a time, alternating dry ingredients with canned ingredients.
- Stir after each addition.
- Cover; simmmer 1 hr., stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls; top with cheese; eat with tortilla chips.
- This recipe was given to me by my future son-in-law, Trace Alexander, and
is a favorite of ours and will be to any of you who try it! Trace (who is
from Texas & a lowyal Cowboys fan) says this is a requested Superbowl Sunday
recipe & the only way to serve it is in giant coffe mugs with a side of
tortilla chips. (My personal suggestion......if you're serving this to
anything more than 4 people, you better double or triple the recipe! This
is sooooo good, everyone will come back for seconds!)