- A meal in itself
- Angela Creighton
- 3 links Italian sweet sausage
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onions
- 1 slice bacon, diced
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). minced garlic
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) thinly sliced kale
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy cream
- Heat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Bake sausage 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and cool.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Cook onions and bacon in medium pot over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook one minute.
- Add chicken broth, water and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in kale, heavy cream and sausage.
- Cook 5 minutes.