- Nicely seasoned rice for a side dish.
- Karen Steyskal
- 1 cup (225 ml) Long Grain Rice, raw
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dried Grated Lemon Peel
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried Dill Weed or Dill Seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Chicken Bouillon Granules
- 2 cups (475 ml) cold water
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- This was originally a large rice mix recipe. I made it and found that it
was much too saltly in its original form. Also, I saw that it is hard
to keep the herbs evenly distributed in the raw rice. Therefore, I have
resized it for one meal , eliminated the salt and reduced the amount of