- Carol Welte
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 9 lasagne noodles
- 15 oz (420 grm). ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 32 oz (896 grm). jar spaghetti sauce
- Brown meat, drain and add sauce.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Blend Ricotta, egg, and 2 tbsp (30 ml). pParmesan.
- In 13 x 9 inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup (125 ml) sauce.
- Over this, layer:
- 1/3 of noodles
- 1/2 ricotta mixture
- 1/3 shredded Jack or mozzarella
- Cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Repeat above 5 steps.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Cover generously with sauce, remaining shredded cheese and parmesan.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- I cut leftover lasagne into individual serving sizes, wrap in foil and
freeze. When we want a quick, hearty meal, we just pop the thawed portions
into the microwave, serve with a salad and garlic bread! YUM!