- John Driscoll
- 8 large leeks (white part only), sliced
- 6 strips lightly cooked bacon
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- pie dough for a 2-crust 9 inch pie
- Clean leeks thoroughly and slice.
- Pan fry in butter until tender.
- Place leeks in pie shell and top with cooked bacon strips.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Top with another layer of pie dough and poke a few holes in the top with fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Leeks do so well in our garden so we usually have plenty available in winter
and the flavor is great. I haven't tried it but I'm sure Canadian bacon or
thin sliced ham would work nicely too in place of the bacon.