- Leah Gamble
- 1 cup (225 ml) macaroni
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni "al dente".
- Make a sauce:
- Melt butter, saute chopped onion, add 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour.
- Stir until blended.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) milk.
- Stir mix until smooth and it starts to bubble.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste; stir till blended.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced cheese.
- Pour over macaroni.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheese on top.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Add more milk if it gets too dry.