- 4 pork chops
- 1 head of green cabbage, sliced and chopped coarsely
- 1 large onion sliced halfwise
- black pepper, to taste
- soy sauce or teriyaki sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil to fry chops (enough to cover bottom of pan)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sherry (if desired)
- In a large frying pan or electric frying pan, cook chops in oil till browned. Remove from pan.
- Cook cabbage and onions in same frying pan in pork juices, when half cooked, return chops to frying pan.
- Sprinkle with pepper, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Turn chops during cooking time to prevent sticking.
- Add soy sauce or teriyaki to pork chop mixture about 15 minutes before serving.
- Let simmer.
- Add sherry at same time as sauce.
- Serve pork chops seperately, and then serve cabbage mixture on side as a topping for the pork.