- Easy, flavorful and economical
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, sliced on a slant
- 1 med. onion, cut in eights
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bean sprouts, fresh or canned
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
- 1 pkg. chow mein noodles
- Heat oil in a wok or pan and stir-fry celery and onion over high heat 2-3 min.
- Seperate the onion layers.
- Add soy sauce, sugar and broth; bring to a boil.
- If usisng canned bean sprouts, run under cold water to crispen.
- Add sprouts and chicken and stir to combine.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to sauce.
- Simmer gently until it thickens.
- Serve over chow mein noodles.
- Although this recipe serves 4, I have doubled it and it doubles