- A creamy potato soup made with or without dumplings.
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) of sifted flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- Cook celery in 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water just until tender. Do not drain.
- Peel and cube potatoes and put in pot with 2 cups (475 ml) of water.
- Add cooked celery, onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes until there are no definite cubes.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in parsley flakes.
- Beat egg and add milk.
- Add egg and milk to dry ingredients and stir just until moist.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Drop dumplings into soup using a tbsp.
- Turn heat to simmer and cover.
- Don't peek!!! and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- This is a delicious, fast and easy recipe that goes well
with a loaf of fresh italian bread. You can make it with or
without dumplings and leftovers freeze well.