- Quick, no-bake chocolate macaroons.
Serves/Makes:2 dozen (approximately)
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 3 cups (700 ml) rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup (225 ml) coconut
- In a medium sized saucepan cook until boiled sugar, milk and margarine.
- Put in a bowl, but do not mix, oatmeal, coconut, salt and cocoa.
- Add bowl mixture to fully boiled pan mixture and stir.
- Add vanilla.
- On waxpaper drop tbspfuls of the complete mixture and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- These are a nice quick snack for kids or coffee time with no
baking involved. Hope you try them and like them!