Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Low Fat
- Angela Creighton
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed banana
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chips
- Nonstick Spray Coating
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Stir with a spoon just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray a 12 cups (2825 ml) muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake in a 400 degree (200 C.) oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- 4 grams fat
Can also be made as a quick bread.
Pour into an 8 inch x 4 inch loaf pan.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes.