- Low Fat
- Angela Creighton
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green and/or red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hoison sauce (Chinese barbecue sauce)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). honey
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). curry powder
- 8 oz (224 grm). thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Cook mushrooms, carrots, peppers, onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in bean sprouts and green onion and cook one minute.
- Stir cornstarch into chicken broth.
- Add chicken broth mixture to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients except for spaghetti.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cooked spaghetti and heat through.
- Can also add 3/4 lb. cooked pork, beef or chicken if desired
for a main dish meal.