- A casserole with ground beef, cream corn and topped with mashed potatoes.
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/2 pkg. lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cream corn
- 6 medium potatoes, mashed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- Brown ground beef with onion soup mix, salt and pepper, and garlic powder.
- Strain meat and put in a round casserole dish.
- Cover meat with cream corn.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 30 minutes.
- This can be made ahead of time and baked in the oven just before
You may substitute cream corn with other vegetables but I find
it is juicier with cream corn.
Sometimes for a change I sautee fresh mushrooms and add a
layer on top of the meat.
Try this recipe and personalize it to your own tastes.