- A rich and fluffy cupcake with a chocolate chip cheesecake center.
- GARecipes from GiddiLynn
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). oil
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). beaten egg
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl combine water, oil and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry and stir well.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners and spoon 2 tbspful of batter in each.
- Combine cream cheese, egg sugar and chocolate chips.
- Spoon 1 tbspful into each cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and cool immediately.
- You may spoon a little bit of batter over filling before
baking if you wish but I don't think it's necessary.
Try these and enjoy them.