- Great for a winter eveing stew
- Pamela M. Garbriel
- 2 oz (56 grm) bacon, chopped
- 8 oz (224 grm) onion,diced
- 1 lb (.5 kg) beef shank, diced small
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Hungarian paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 qts brown stock or beef broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (225 ml) potatoes, diced, raw
- standard sachet including caraway seeds,marjoram & lemon zest
- salt & caynne pepper
- Render the bacon & saute the onions until caramelized.
- Add the beef, paprika, & garlic, Stir for one minute.
- Slowly add the flour.
- Add the tomato paste, stock, & sachet.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Add the potatoes during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Adjust the seasoning and top the soup with dumplings & Lemon zest.