- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.01
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, minced
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots, grated
- 1 cup (225 ml) turnips, grated
- 1 cup (225 ml) zucchini, grated
- 1 cup (225 ml) beets, grated
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin, ground
- 3/4 tbsp (10 ml) dill, tarragon; dried; mixed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rolled oats, instant
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) potatoes, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) rice, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for sauteeing (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion, carrots, turnips, zucchini, beets, garlic, cumin and herbs.
- Saute until vegetables begin to wilt, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Soak oats in water for 5 minutes, then drain and press out excess water.
- Add to vegetable mixture along with potatoes, hazelnuts and rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into 8 patties.
- Grill patties on a well-oiled vegetable grill, or saute in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
Per patty: 106 cal; 2 g prot; 4 g fat; 56 g carb; 0 chol; 158 mg sod; 2 g fiber
From: rfvc Digest V94 Issue #181, Aug. 26, 1994