Peanut Butter 'N Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Medium-sized cookies that are almost universal favorites.Easy to make.
- Ed Thoma
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) (1 1/2 sticks) margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) each granulated sugar and firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 pkg (11.5 oz) chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Beat margarine sticks, sugars, and peanut butter in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tbspfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets onto wire racks.
- I tried several versions of peanut butter and chocolate chips cookies, and
this always brings more compliments than others do. So much so that I tossed
the others away and kept this one. Four dozen does not last long with my
friends and relatives, so I usually make a double batch. I hope they bring
you praise as much as they do me.