- Kate Ransdell
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). fresh scallops (ocean or bay) and/or mild-flavored white fish such as sole or halibut
- 3 large limes, juice only
- 3 large lemons, juice only
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) good olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Mexican oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 serrano chile, chopped (or to taste)
- tortilla chips
- If using ocean scallops, cut into fourths.
- Use bay scallops as is.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the fish in a glass bowl along with the lime and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or until the fish becomes opaque.
- Add the remaining ingredients and refrigerate at least another hour to blend the flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips.