- A wonderful new flavor for pork or chicken.
- Virginian Pilot Newspaper
- 8 well-trimmed pork chops or cut up chicken pieces
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar or more, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated orange rind
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Heat just enough oil to cover bottom of skillet.
- Brown chops.
- Drain well and place in shallow casserole dish.
- Discard oil in skillet and melt butter.
- Add flour and stir for a minute.
- Gradually add orange juice and wine until well blended.
- Add brown sugar, orange rind and salt.
- Taste for sweetness.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour sauce over chops and bake at 350 degreees for one hour.
- This is equally as good using cut up chicken pieces!