Shrimp and Tomato in Shells
- Chef Reese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz (784 grm). canned tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of sugar
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add shrimp and garlic, season and cook 3 to 4 minutes over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from pan set aside.
- Add tomatoes and parsley to pan, season with salt and pepper and fennel seed, cook 4 to 5 minutes over high heat, stirriing occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice and sugar and replace shrimp in the pan.
- Spoon into scallop shells and serve, or serve without shells.