- 8 Roma tomatoes(about 1 pound), diced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) finely diced red onion
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) loosely packed julienned basil leaves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) finely minced garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Throughly combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- Variation: Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar for a tarter flavor.
- True Italians would double the salt.
- From "The Great Salsa Book" by Mark Miller.