Olive Garden Tiramisu Dessert
- From the recipe files of Carole Walberg
- 1 sponge cake (10 inch)--about 3 inches tall
- 3 ounces strong black coffee (or expresso)
- 3 ounces brandy or rum
- 1-1/2 pounds cream cheese or mascarpone --room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) superfine or powdered sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cut across middle of sponge cake, forming two layers, each about 1 1/2 inches high.
- Blend coffee and brandy.
- Sprinkle enough of mixture over bottom half of cake to flavor it strongly, but don't moisten cake too much or it may collapse on serving.
- Beat cheese and 1 cup (225 ml) sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and cheese is light and spreadable.
- Test for sweetness during beating, adding more sugar if needed.
- Spread cut surface of bottom layer with half of the cheese mixture.
- Replace top layer and top this with remaining cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top liberally with sifted cocoa.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving
- Contributed by Karen (email@example.com)