- Chef Goffredo Fraccaro, La Riviera Restaurant, New Orleans
- 12 squid
- flour, for dusting
- oil, for frying
- 2 lemons
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Remove the skeletal structures from the squid and scrape the skin away with the dull side of a knife down to the white flesh.
- Cut the squid into pieces and rinse in cold water.
- Drain and dredge the squid in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Carefully fry in hot oil until golden brown. Do not crowd the pot.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Great Chefs of New Orleans, Tele-record Productions
Box 71112, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1983.
Recipe courtesy of Sean Wenzel's web site.